Due to COVID-19, YMCA Swimming Lessons look a little different than you’re used to, for the safety of our members and staff. Learn more about our current options below!
YMCA Swim School takes a safety-first approach, focusing on small class sizes, boosting confidence in the water, building student/instructor relationships, and allowing each student to progress at their own pace. Our lessons develop aquatic readiness, engage in underwater exploration, and teach children important water safety skills. We offer warm water options, year-round lessons, certified instructors, and more!
The YMCA provides swimming lessons to swimmers of all ages and skill levels, from infants to adults! We also offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, and adaptive lessons for swimmers with special needs.
|Fercho YMCA||Ages 6 months – Adult||Private and Mini-Group options available.|
Private Lessons: Do your kids need extra attention in the pool? Private lessons are a great way to build confidence and skills in a one-on-one environment!
NEW! Private lessons can also include kiddos from up to two different households – sign up with a siblings, cousins, neighbors, or friends for twice as much fun! Online registration is not available for multiple children. To learn more about this option or to register multiple children, contact Katie King at 701.364.4168 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mini Group Lessons: Mini group lessons include two kiddos in the same level from different households that do not sign up together. These lessons offer a more affordable option while still allowing limited contact between households and lots of individual instructor/student interaction.
|Fall Session 2||October 26 - December 12||Private and Mini Group lessons available|
|Mondays||4:30, 5:00, 5:30, or 6:00pm||7 lessons|
|Tuesdays||9:30, 10:00, 10:30, or 11:00am||7 lessons|
|Tuesdays||4:00, 4:30, 5:00, or 5:30pm||7 lessons|
|Wednesdays||9:30, 10:00, or 10:30am||7 lessons|
|Wednesdays||4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30pm||7 lessons|
|Thursdays||4:00, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30pm||6 lessons – No class Nov. 26. Prices prorated.|
|Saturdays||9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, or 11:30am||6 lessons – No class Nov. 28. Prices prorated.|
Private Lesson Pricing: Members, $210 | Non-Members, $420
Mini-Group Lesson Pricing: Members, $105 | Non-Members, $210
|Winter Session||January 11 - March 13||Private-Only Lessons|
|Mondays||4:30, 5:00, 5:30, or 6:00 or 6:30pm||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
|Tuesdays||9:00, 9:30, 10:00 or 10:30am||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
|Tuesdays||4:00, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30 or 6:00pm||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
|Wednesdays||9:30, 10:00 or 10:30am||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
|Wednesdays||4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30pm||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
|Thursdays||4:00, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30pm||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
|Saturdays||9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, or 11:30am||Members: $270, Non-Members: $540|
Tumble & Splash Day Camp
Keep your kiddos active and learning with Tumble & Splash Day Camp – a unique NEW swimming and gymnastics half-day camp experience, just for ages 4 – 9!
Each day kicks off with a mini-group Swim Lesson, tailored to the needs and skill levels of each participant, and taught by one of our experienced swim lesson instructors. Camp will also include gymnastics and tumbling, snack, open swim time, and a fun, hands-on activity – like an art project or science experiment. Learn more and register using the button below!
Curious about Private Lessons?
We offer specially-priced private lesson trials to those wondering if it will be the right fit for their child! Private lessons are a great way to gain skills, build confidence, and become more comfortable in the water. These trials are an exclusive opportunity, just for those new to private lessons!
Contact Katie King at email@example.com or at 701.364.4168 for more info and to get registered.
More Information About YMCA Swim School
Jump in at any time! You can register for lessons even after a session has started. Prices will be pro-rated for classes that have already passed.
Make-Up Lessons: Due to the size and format of the classes, there will be no make-ups for missed classes.
Lesson Placement and Level Assessments: Level placement is based on skill level, not age. To determine what level your child should be in, view either the Lesson Level Flowchart or the Red Cross (and Old Y levels) to YMCA Level Equivalents.
Still not sure what level you should register for? Reach out to our Swimming Lesson Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.364.4168 to find a time to complete a FREE swim level assessment!
YMCA Swim School Advantages and Structure
• Skill Patch Rewards: As each child progresses at their own pace, they will be recognized for their accomplishments with patches from the level they’ve completed.
• Warm Water Small Pool Option: Levels Parent/Baby through Turtle are located in the smaller, warm water pool. The 88º pool keeps children comfortable and staying in the water. Levels Otter through Shark are located in our large pool. Private and Adaptive lessons vary from small to large pool, depending on the participant and pool availability.
• Small Class Sizes: Classes are held as a group and structured by age and ability to accommodate varying skill levels within each age group. Student to teacher ratios are a very small 4:1 with Parent/Baby and Parent/Child classes 6:1.
• Certified Swim Lesson Instructors: The swim teachers are highly trained in safety, class management and keeping children engaged with enthusiasm, imagination and fun! All teachers are also CPR and First Aid certified.
• Year-Round Swimming: Consistency and practice are key to fine-tuning or retaining any skill on a more permanent basis. With our indoor pools, children can swim year-round and consistently build upon and progress in their skills.
• Safety Day: Included once per session with all independent lessons, Safety Day teaches the ‘Throw Don’t Go’ method, life jacket usage, and for older participants, swimming fully clothed to gain an awareness of the level of difficulty.
Safety Around Water
Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. Drowning can happen nearly anywhere with standing water – but, as a parent or caregiver, you can’t keep your children sidelined. You need to equip them with the tools they need to be confident in and around water so they don’t lose out on the health benefits of exercise, the opportunities to bond with family and friends and the sense of accomplishment when they learn new skills.
Check out our Safety Around Water page to help keep you, your children, and our community safe while playing in and around the water!