Spring Swim Lessons
BIG NEWS - we have added tons of new time slots to our Spring Swim School session, including Monday evenings!
If you've been on the waitlist or have been wanting to snag a lesson spot, now is your chance! Spring session runs March 21 - May 7.
Learn more and register using the button below.
YMCA Swim School takes a safety-first approach, focusing on small class sizes, boosting confidence in the water, building student/instructor relationships, and allowing each student to progress at their own pace.
Our lessons develop aquatic readiness, engage in underwater exploration, and teach children important water safety skills. We offer warm water options, year-round lessons, certified instructors, and more!
The YMCA provides swimming lessons to swimmers of all ages and skill levels, from infants to adults! We also offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, and adaptive lessons for swimmers with special needs.
Our Swim School is now a designated Level 2 Autism Friendly Partner! Learn more on our Diverse Abilities page.
|Fercho YMCA||Ages 6 months – Adult||Group and Private options available|
Group Lessons: Group lessons are our standard lesson format, with class sizes limited to 4 students per 1 instructor. These lessons offer a more affordable option while still allowing limited contact between households and lots of individual instructor/student interaction.
Private Lessons: Do your kids need extra attention in the pool? Private lessons are a great way to build confidence and skills in a one-on-one environment!
Available Sessions - Standard Lesson Format
In our standard lesson format, lessons are held once a week for 30 minutes.
|Session||Dates||Schedule||Member Registration||Non-Member Registration|
|Spring Session||March 21 - May 7||View Schedule||Registration is OPEN!||Registration is OPEN!|
|Summer Session||June 6 - Aug. 17||View Schedule||Registration is OPEN!||Registration opens March 3|
Available Sessions - Swim Camp Format
Learn to swim in a fun, camp-like atmosphere! In our Swim Camps, participants swim in the same level and at the same time, Monday - Thursday for two weeks in the session of choice.
|June 6 - 16||June 20 - 30||July 5 - 14||July 18 - 28||Aug. 1 - 11||Choose 11am, 3pm or 3:30pm|
Missed the start date? No worries - You can register for lessons even after a session has started. Prices will be pro-rated for classes that have already passed.
|Session Type||Lesson Type||Members||Non-Members|
|Spring Session||Regular Lessons||$63||$126|
|Spring Session||Private Lessons||$252||$504|
|Summer Session||Regular Lessons||$99||$198|
|Summer Session||Private Lessons||$396||$792|
|Summer Swim Camps||Regular Lessons||$72||$144|
|Summer Swim Camps||Private Lessons||$288||$576|
More Information About YMCA Swim School
Make-Up Lessons: Due to the size and format of the classes, there will be no make-ups for missed classes.
Lesson Placement and Level Assessments: Level placement is based on skill level, not age. To determine what level your child should be in, view our Lesson Level Flowchart or Lesson Level Descriptions using the buttons below.
Still not sure what level you should register for? Reach out to our Swimming Lesson Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.364.4168 to find a time to complete a FREE swim level assessment!
YMCA Swim School Advantages and Structure
• Skill Patch Rewards: As each child progresses at their own pace, they will be recognized for their accomplishments with patches from the level they’ve completed.
• Warm Water Small Pool Option: Levels Parent/Baby through Starfish are located in the smaller, warm water pool. The 87º pool keeps children comfortable and staying in the water. Levels Turtle through Shark are located in our large pool. Private and Adaptive lessons vary from small to large pool, depending on the participant and pool availability.
• Small Class Sizes: Classes are held as a group and structured by age and ability to accommodate varying skill levels within each age group. Student to teacher ratios are a very small 4:1 with Parent/Baby and Parent/Child classes 6:1.
• Certified Swim Lesson Instructors: The swim teachers are highly trained in safety, class management and keeping children engaged with enthusiasm, imagination and fun! All teachers are also CPR and First Aid certified.
• Year-Round Swimming: Consistency and practice are key to fine-tuning or retaining any skill on a more permanent basis. With our indoor pools, children can swim year-round and consistently build upon and progress in their skills.
• Safety Day: Included once per session with all independent lessons, Safety Day teaches the ‘Throw Don’t Go’ method, life jacket usage, and additional instruction on what to do in the event of an emergency.
Safety Around Water
Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. Drowning can happen nearly anywhere with standing water – but, as a parent or caregiver, you can’t keep your children sidelined. You need to equip them with the tools they need to be confident in and around water so they don’t lose out on the health benefits of exercise, the opportunities to bond with family and friends and the sense of accomplishment when they learn new skills.
Check out our Safety Around Water page to help keep you, your children, and our community safe while playing in and around the water!