The YMCA offers a variety of membership types for all ages, including singles, seniors, families, youth, and more! Learn more about our membership types and rates below.
|Membership Type||Monthly Rate**||Annual Rate||Enrollment Fee|
|Child Care Family Package*||$77||$924||$0|
*Includes two adults over the age of 25 and all individuals in the household who are under the age of 24 or dependent adults. Individuals must be living at the same address and are dependent for care and financial assistance.
**A $3 service fee will be added to your monthly bank draft when paying with a credit or debit card.
Package memberships include the use of PlayTown, our short-term child care service, for up to two hours per day. Learn more on our PlayTown page.
Members may sign up online or at the Fercho or Schlossman Member Services Desk.
Memberships at the YMCA do not require a contract. Memberships are paid monthly or annually and may be paid on either a credit/debit card or monthly bank draft. If signing up using a bank draft, members may choose to draft on either the 1st or the 15th of each month. If signing up online, on your first visit to the YMCA, our Member Service Staff will be happy to assist you in getting your new membership card, taking a picture for your account, and giving you a tour! No appointment is necessary.
The YMCA is for everyone! Funding for Y Match memberships and programs is made possible through community donations to the YMCA. This assistance is available, within the limits of our resources, to members that provide complete documentation showing their inability to pay the full member rate. Members looking for financial assistance must sign-up in person. Learn more on our Financial Assistance page. Questions? Please call 701.364.4118.
The one-time enrollment fee is a tax-deductible payment for all membership types listed above, excluding the Student/Youth and Child Care Package. The fee is paid upon membership sign-up and will only be charged once except in the case of a lapse in membership.
Membership Cancellation Policy
The YMCA does not have long-term contracts! You may cancel your membership at any time by coming to either YMCA location and filling out a cancellation form. Members who draft on the 1st of each month must cancel by the 15th of the prior month. Members who draft on the 15th of each month must cancel by the last day of the prior month. Download a membership cancellation form on our Downloadable Forms page.
Membership Hold Policy
Members may choose to put a membership on hold for up to three consecutive months per calendar year for $5 each month. The hold process coincides with the draft dates of your membership (1st or 15th of the month). Members who draft on the 1st of each month must place their hold by the 15th of the prior month. Members who draft on the 15th of each month must place their hold by the last day of the prior month. Written notice is required. Download a membership hold form on our Downloadable Forms page.
Health Club Credit Programs
Many YMCA members get paid to work out! The YMCA partners with many insurance providers to offer monthly reimbursements to members with participating health plans. To find out if your plan qualifies, simply call the number on the back of your insurance card.
YMCA members receive 12 passes a year to our partner facility – Family Wellness (near Scheels Arena). Plus, as a YMCA member, you have access to other YMCA’s around the world through the YMCA’s Nationwide Membership program!
We are happy to welcome YMCA members who are using the Y's Nationwide Membership to visit our facilities. Due to COVID-19, we encourage our members to call the YMCA they are traveling to in advance to make sure that facility is allowing Nationwide reciprocity at this time.
Liability Waiver: By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, I agree to release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
Guest Passes & Day Passes
Due to COVID-19, Day Passes are currently unavailable.
Invite your friends to visit the YMCA with you for FREE! Membership units receive three free guest passes per calendar year. Guests must check in with you and provide photo ID. If you have already used your three passes, we are not allowing members to purchase more passes at this time. Guest Passes and Day Passes grant access into the entire facility at both Fercho and Schlossman (excl. PlayTown).
- For the safety of our community, day passes for non-members remain unavailable at this time.
- We are happy to welcome Family Wellness members who are using their 12 annual visits. YMCA members are welcome to use their 12 annual visits to Family Wellness as well!
Hospitality Passes are day passes sold in bulk for a discounted rate of $6 per pass (minimum 30 passes). These passes are good for both youth and adults (no age requirement). Hospitality Passes grant access into the entire facility at both Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs (excl. PlayTown). Many hotels utilize these passes to hand out to their traveling guests looking for a space to workout and also traveling groups to come in and simply use our locker rooms and showers. Hospitality Passes do not replace a rental.
Group & Agency Memberships
An organization may purchase an annual membership for their group or agency. This mission-based program allows those who may not have access or ability to pay for a full membership the opportunity to participate, and does not require individual memberships for each participant. Rates are $500 annually for non-profit organizations, and $1,000 annually for for-profit organizations and allows each group 10 passes to use at the YMCA for one year. Additional passes may be purchased for $20 per card. Participants may share cards with others in the same group or agency. If cards are lost, replacements may be purchased for $5. Group and Agency Memberships may join at any time, but are renewed August 1 (if you join after August 1, memberships will be pro-rated). To apply, please fill out the Group Usage Agreement and drop it off at either the Fercho or Schlossman YMCA, or email it to email@example.com. With additional questions, please call 701.364.4118.
The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties is proud to support our armed services by waiving the enrollment fee for all current and past military members. That’s up to $50 in savings! Members taking advantage of this benefit must provide their military ID and photo ID at sign-up.
Military Outreach Initiative
In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA), the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties is proud to offer memberships to eligible military family and personnel through the Department of Defense’s Military Outreach Initiative. Through this initiative, military members and family receive access to vital resources that promote youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
To be eligible, the service member must be on Title 10 orders with at least six (6) months remaining, and meet the requirements of one of the following categories:
• I am assigned to a Service-designated Independent Duty Station that is not at or near a free or Service-provided fitness facility; AND
• I require a single-person membership or my family resides with me and I require a family membership
• Sponsor is deployed or on “unaccompanied tour” orders that require the member to reside at an assigned duty location and restricts the spouse/family from accompanying the member; AND
• Sponsor’s family resides at a Service-designated independent duty station or in an area that is not at or near a free or Service-provided fitness facility.
• Sponsor is on deployment orders that require the member to reside at an assigned duty location that restricts the spouse/family from accompanying the member; AND
• Sponsor’s family resides at a Service-designated independent duty station or in an area that is not at or near a free or Service-provided fitness facility
• My duty location is my home address
• My home address is not located at or near a free or Service-provided fitness facility
• I require a single-person membership or my family resides with me and I require a family membership. Only one membership type (single or family) authorized.
* Personnel on IDP assignment as support staff to a warrior transition/care unit must use Category 1 (IDP).
The application process is as follows:
1) Complete and sign the Membership Application. Please use the same form for new and renewal requests. There is an additional form for Independent Duty Station – Command Form
2) Submit new and renewal applications to your Military Command Approving Official (MCAO). The MCAO will sign off and submit to ASYMCA for approval.
3) If pre-approved, ASYMCA will email a payment invoice to the local YMCA to complete application.
4) The ASYMCA will review the final application and send a final approval email. The service member will then connect with the local YMCA to start their membership.