Fall registration is open! Ready to get registered? Contact our enrollment team at 701.364.4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org and they would be happy to help answer any questions you may have and get your family registered!
Our preschool programs use the Get Set for School© Curriculum and The Creative Curriculum. These curriculums were specifically chosen because they prepare children for a smooth transition into kindergarten. The curriculums supports skills in the areas of language development, communication, body awareness, character development and socialization skills. Children learn how to play politely, take turns, listen to their teachers, clean up after themselves and take responsibility. You and your child’s Lead Teacher meet together at least twice a year to discuss your child’s progress and support each child in mastering developmental milestones as they are ready.
- Children join their friends in an interactive large group experience to engage the brain and talk about weekly themes, calendar, weather, letters, shapes, colors, and numbers.
- Children focus their energy on reading and writing with our Get Set for School® Curriculum. They also use their imagination through creative art.
- Play is a child’s work. Children are encouraged to socialize in a variety of learning centers such as dramatic play, art, sand and water, library, construction, science, and games.
- Children experience large motor activities to move their bodies and pump their heart. At the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs, children utilize other areas of the facility like play areas and the Aquatic Center (Fercho).
- Quality literature is read aloud to the children.
- Lunch and snacks is included in your tuition. Meals are served ‘family style’ to make meal time a pleasant social experience. Manners are practiced during meal times.
- Children attending our full day preschool program rest or nap daily on their individual cot.
Full Day Preschool at the Y is a licensed, full day, year round, school readiness program. You have the flexibility to drop off and pick up your child anytime between 6:30am – 6:00pm. Transportation is provided for full-day preschoolers to participate in swimming lessons and other activities at various YMCA sites. Opportunities to register for these programs are shared throughout the year. Our full-day preschool programs are offered at all of our Early Learning locations.
The four-year-old classrooms at the West Fargo YMCA Early Learning Center are available through a partnership between the YMCA, West Fargo Public School District and United Way of Cass-Clay. This preschool program is a low income-based program that provides families with quality early learning experience on a sliding fee scale. Children in this program have the opportunity to work with Reading Corps, a program that provides evidence-based literacy interventions, assessments and lesson plans to help children with their reading development. The program is offered to four-year-olds living in the West Fargo School District.
|6:30am – 6:00pm||Monday – Friday OR Part Time (depending on availability)|
Half-Day Preschool (Kindergarten Readiness)
Half-Day Preschool will not be offered during the 2020-2021 school year. Please stay tuned for updates regarding future sessions.
Half Day Preschool at the Y is a licensed, morning readiness class from September – May each year. Kindergarten Readiness is an educational experience intended to give children skills that will help them build a foundation for school readiness. Using the Get Set for School Curriculum your child will develop early writing, literacy, and math skills. They will learn letter, shape and color recognition. The curriculum also focuses on the use of writing tools, body awareness, language development, and socialization skills. Lunch is included. Enrollment is limited to ensure a quality, fun experience. Children must be three years old and fully potty trained by September 1st the year you plan to enroll your child in half day preschool. Participants can prepare for a bright start in school with an educational experience intended to give kids ages 3-5 skills that will help them build a foundation for school readiness.
Early Learning Center – Schlossman YMCA
4243 19th Ave S, Fargo
Nicole Linman, Site Director
701.356.1455 | email@example.com
- 9:00am – Noon⎜Mon/Wed/Fri OR Tues/Thurs
- 9:00am – Noon⎜Monday - Friday
For more information about Preschool at the YMCA, please contact our Child Care team at 701.364.4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org