Join the YMCAs first-ever LAZYMAN IRONMAN - a triathlon challenge created just for YMCA members! Participants will have the opportunity to complete a full or half IRONMAN by swimming, biking, and running their way to the finish line at their own pace and in their own time.
You'll track your mileage on a personal mileage tracking sheet, and on the competition board in the lobbies at the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs. Group fitness classes may count toward mileage.
|Challenge Dates: March 1 - 31||Register: February 12 - March 15||Cost: $25||Members only, ages 12+|
Participants will receive:
- Mileage tracking sheet
- Coupons for two free InBody Scans - you may schedule scans at any time at the Member Services Desks, but we encourage you to schedule a scan at the beginning of the challenge and at the end of the challenge to see how far you've come!
- Commemorative participation t-shirt
- Opportunities to win prizes, like personal training sessions, gift cards, and YMCA swag
- Weekly emails with triathlon tips, updates on the competition boards, and prize winners
What are the distances?
|Swimming||Half = 1.2 miles; Full = 2.4 miles|
|Biking||Half = 56 miles; Full; = 112 miles|
|Running||Half = 13.1 miles; Full = 26.2 miles|
What counts toward mileage?
|Swimming||• 9 laps / 18 lengths in the YMCA Lap Pool = 1/4 mile
• 45-60 min. water exercise class = 1/4 mile
|Biking||• 1 mile on outdoor / stationary bike (including miles logged in a cycle class) = 1 mile|
|Running||• 1 mile of running, walking, or elliptical = 1 mile
• 30 min. group fitness class = 1 mile
• 60 min. group fitness class = 2 miles
Notes for participants:
- In order to challenge yourself and others, we encourage you to track your mileage on the tracking sheet provided, and on the competition board in the lobbies at the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs. Please track your mileage on the competition board at the preferred branch you specified when registering.
- Between March 15 - April 5, please stop by the Aquatic Center at the Fercho YMCA to pick up your commemorative participation t-shirt. A team member on the pool deck will be able to help you find your correct size.
- We encourage you to share about your experience on social media using the #YMCAIRONMAN hashtag. We would love to follow along with you and cheer you on!