The LAZYMAN IRONMAN is a triathlon challenge created just for YMCA members! Participants will have the opportunity to complete a full or half IRONMAN by swimming, biking, and running their way to the finish line at their own pace and in their own time.
You'll track your mileage on a personal mileage tracking sheet, and on the competition board in the lobbies at the Fercho and Schlossman YMCAs. Group fitness classes may count toward mileage.
The Lazyman Ironman is a seasonal challenge - check back later for upcoming dates and details!
Participants will receive:
- Mileage tracking sheet
- Coupons for two free InBody Scans - you may schedule scans at any time at the Member Services Desks, but we encourage you to schedule a scan at the beginning of the challenge and at the end of the challenge to see how far you've come!
- Commemorative participation t-shirt
- Opportunities to win prizes, like personal training sessions, gift cards, and swag
- Weekly emails with triathlon tips, updates on the competition boards, and prize winners
What are the distances?
|Swimming||Half = 1.2 miles; Full = 2.4 miles|
|Biking||Half = 56 miles; Full; = 112 miles|
|Running||Half = 13.1 miles; Full = 26.2 miles|
What counts toward mileage?
|Swimming||• 9 laps / 18 lengths in the YMCA Lap Pool = 1/4 mile
• 45-60 min. water exercise class = 1/4 mile
|Biking||• 1 mile on outdoor / stationary bike (including miles logged in a cycle class) = 1 mile|
|Running||• 1 mile of running, walking, or elliptical = 1 mile
• 30 min. group fitness class = 1 mile
• 60 min. group fitness class = 2 miles