Last updated on November 16, 2020
As we welcome our community to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. Taking care of our health is more important now than ever before, and the Y is here to help you stay healthy, stay active, and stay safe.
In accordance with Governor Doug Burgum’s executive order released on November 13 to run through December 13, the YMCA is expanding our mask requirements.
- The Y will continue to require individuals to wear masks to enter and move about the facility.
- The only individuals that will not require a mask are those under the age of five, those swimming in the pool, those in group fitness classes once they have arrived into their 12′ x 12′ distancing box, and those actively working out on a piece of equipment that the Y has separated from other pieces of equipment.
- It was previously recommended that members wear a mask between equipment on the Fitness Center floor. It is now required that members wear their mask when moving from one piece of equipment to another. Because participants cannot social distance while playing court sports, these spaces now require a mask.
- The YMCA will continually review these requirements in order to help keep our community safe.
Due to the ND Department of Health’s decision to move Cass County into the “Orange Zone,” the following guidelines will continue to be in effect:
- It is recommended that all locker rooms are only used for restroom and pool use. Because of this, the saunas and whirlpools will be closed.
- Youth areas will be closed, including the Kids’ Gym, Play Loft, and Xerzones.
- Cycle classes will be cancelled.
- Group fitness classes will be limited to smaller groups.
- A handful of machines in the Fitness Center will be blocked off.
- PlayTown Short-Term Child Care and youth programs will be limited to smaller groups.
These amenities will become available again when the ND Department of Health moves Cass County back into the “Green Zone”.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Friday||5:00am – 11:00pm|
|Saturday – Sunday||6:00am – 8:00pm|
Additional Hours Information
- Seniors who feel more comfortable in a less populated workout space are welcome to join us on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30pm – 3:30pm in our new cardio room at the Fercho YMCA for a workout hour just for ages 55+
- All activity areas – including the Aquatic Center, Fitness Centers, Racquetball Courts, and Basketball Gyms – close 30min. before the facilities close at the end of the day.
Thanksgiving Hours & Schedule Changes – Thursday, November 26
Fercho YMCA | 5:00am – 12:00pm
Schlossman YMCA | 5:00am – 12:00pm (after-hours Fitness Center access: 4am – midnight)
- Group Fitness: Limited land and water classes available. Visit our Group Fitness Reservation page to see available classes and reserve your spot.
- Aquatic Center: Open swim and lap swim available until 11:30am
- PlayTown: Limited time slots available at both Fercho and Schlossman. Visit our PlayTown page to see available times and reserve your spot.
- Climbing Wall: Open 8:00 – 11:30am
- Basketball Gyms: Time slots available until 11:30am
- Kids’ Gym, PlayLoft, and Xerzones: CLOSED
After-Hours Fitness Center Access
Starting November 16, we’re expanding after-hours access in our Schlossman Fitness Center!
- The Fitness Center will be available from 4am to midnight, 7 days a week. The separate Fitness Center entrance will only be available when the rest of the Schlossman building is closed
- Masks are required when entering the building. Individuals will also be screened upon entry, including having their temperature taken.
- After-hours access is limited to members – we are not allowing guests at this time.
- Please note that access to locker rooms will not be available if the rest of the Schlossman building is closed.
Facility Rules & Guidelines
We want to keep our members safe while they use our facilities, so our teams are following strict guidelines from the CDC and ND Department of Health. We expect our members to follow the same guidelines to help keep others safe. Please use your best judgement on when you feel it is appropriate for you to return to the facility.
- Everyone must be screened upon entering the facility, including having their temperature taken.
- Please respect social distancing, and stay six feet apart from other members and staff.
- Wipe down all equipment, cubbies, and lockers before and after each use.
- Bring your own towels for use in the Aquatic Center and locker rooms/showers. Towels are not available for member use. Additionally, bring your own yoga mat if needed for group fitness classes. Mats will not be provided.
- All members must follow the Code of Conduct, age rules, and Fitness Center dress code. Members ages 15+ will be allowed in the Fitness Center and Group Fitness classes. Ages 12-14 may enter if they have previously taken Youth Exercise Concepts.
Additional Safety Measures
- We have added plexiglass partitions, social distancing markers, hand-washing stations, touchless check-ins, and more.
- Our staff are continually cleaning/sanitizing activity areas and high-touch surfaces, including equipment, door handles, counters/desks, and more.
- We have separated fitness equipment and marked off individual boxes in our Group Fitness studios to follow ND Smart Restart social distancing guidelines. We have also limited group fitness class sizes and required reservations for certain activity areas to ensure you get a great workout while staying safe.
- We have limited capacities in activity areas and communal spaces to reduce contact as much as possible.
- We complete a deep sanitization of our activity areas every night, including using a Clorox 360 sanitization fogger.
Group Fitness Classes
We have updated our technology to allow a majority of our in-person Group Fitness classes to also be offered virtually in our private Facebook Group, just for YMCA members! Join us for virtual Yoga, HIIT, Pilates, Zumba, and more!
Youth & Adult Programs
Keep your kiddos active and learning with virtual Youth Programs, like Wacky Science, Book Club, and more! Stay connected and reach your goals with virtual Adult fitness options like Personal Training, Run Coaching, NEW Health Coaching, and more!
Visit our Stay Healthy at Home web page for more at-home workouts, fitness videos, nutrition chats, kids/family activities, and more!
PlayTown, Guest Passes & More Information
PlayTown Drop-In Child Care
We are excited to offer additional daytime reservations for PlayTown, our drop-in child care service! Reservations are required to limit contact between households. Reservations open six days in advance – Learn more, view available time slots, and reserve a time on our PlayTown page.
Membership units receive three free guest passes per year. If you have already used your three passes, we are not allowing members to purchase more passes at this time. Additionally, we are only allowing eligible North Dakota YMCA members to participate in the Nationwide Membership Program and access our facilities until further notice.
- For the safety of our community, day passes for non-members remain unavailable at this time.
- We are happy to welcome Family Wellness members who are using their 12 annual visits. YMCA members are welcome to use their 12 annual visits to Family Wellness as well!
Due to COVID-19, only eligible North Dakota YMCA members can use Nationwide Membership at this time.
When to Work Out?
If you would like to attend our facilities at a time that will be less crowded, below is a graph showing our total check-ins per week at both facilities. 10am – 12pm and 4pm – 7pm are when there are the most people in our fitness facilities.
Still cautious about coming to work out? Due to ongoing social distancing efforts, there are fewer people in our spaces than usual. We are confident that you will be able to find a time to exercise in a less crowded environment, allowing you to keep your distance and stay safe while still getting a great workout.
If you have any questions related to facility updates, safety guidelines, or your membership account, please contact us at 701.293.9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.