FREE Six-Week Transformation | November 2 – December 11, 2020
The STRONG Challenge is a FREE six-week program designed to help transform your spirit, mind and body. During the challenge, participants are encouraged to get moving 20 minutes a day, five days a week. Participants will receive three encouraging text messages each week that will include access to virtual workouts and ways to be connected with other health-seekers. Participants also have an opportunity to track their success using a tracking calendar available for download below. We welcome everyone to participate!
We will post information here on the Monday of each week during the challenge with encouragement, access to workout videos, and ideas to get you moving!
Ready to participate? Text STRONG to 888.585.9622!
Upon texting in, you will be prompted to fill out the STRONG Challenge Welcome Form. Don’t have texting capabilities? We encourage you to still fill out the welcome form and follow along using the weekly theme links below!
Click here for more fun and encouraging STRONG Challenge videos!
During the challenge, participants can expect the following:
- Three weekly text messages | Messages will provide access to inspirational videos, workout videos, and more.
- Tracking Calendar | Use your calendar to track your movement. Tracking calendars are available for download or at either Member Services Desk.
- Member Participant Kit | YMCA members participating in the challenge may pick up a STRONG “participant kit” at either YMCA location between October 30 – November 9. Kits include YMCA swag and a tracking calendar. Simply show your member ID and say that you’re participating in the STRONG Challenge.
- Member Completion T-shirt | YMCA members who 1) filled out the STRONG Challenge Welcome Form upon sign-up; and 2) complete the challenge are encouraged to stop by either Member Services Desk between December 11 – 20 and pick up their FREE completion t-shirt. Non-YMCA members may purchase a shirt for $10 after December 20.
- Access to virtual workouts/activities/more
Here are some tips to stay on track:
- Post your tracking calendar in an easy-to-see spot in your home/office and track your movement daily.
- Don’t forget – all movement counts! Whether that means participating in a virtual yoga class, walking the dog, working out in our fitness center, or just parking farther away at the grocery store, find creative ways to incorporate movement into your daily life.
- Find someone – an “Accountabili-Buddy” – to help keep you on track, accountable, and motivated!
- Join the YMCA STRONG Challenge Facebook Group and follow along with other participants.
Summary Terms & Conditions: Our mobile text messages are intended for subscribers over the age of 13 and are delivered via USA toll free number 888.585.9622. You may receive up to 24 message(s) per month for text alerts. Message and data rates may apply. This service is available to persons with text-capable phones subscribing to carriers including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile®, Sprint, Virgin Mobile USA, Cincinnati Bell, Centennial Wireless, Unicel, U.S. Cellular®, and Boost. For help, text HELP to 888.585.9622, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1 701.293.9622. You may stop your mobile subscription at any time by text messaging STOP to toll free number 888.585.9622.To opt back in, text “UNSTOP” followed by the keyword to toll free number 888.585.9622.